v9.50 beta 3 → Play
- Removed SEND_SMS permission request (in accordance with Google’s new Play Store policy) → see workaround below
- New shortcut: tap gear icon at the bottom of the Clock Bubble settings screen to change clock bubble size / colors
- New smart home control expert options on the watch
[update] beta 5 → Play
- added translations for new SMS option
- improved plugin/permission control related to sending SMS
Fixed a few very rare auto-reported bugs (each occurred once ever):
- rare crash on phone during communication with watch
- rare dummy peek card related crash
- rare crash in settings on the watch (using a selector control)
- rare crash in settings on watch
[update] beta 6 → Play
- improved wording for some options [credits: Bas Ammerlaan]
If I don’t hear about any new bugs, I plan to roll out to production soon!
Send SMS via plugin
Very sad situation. Google is actively removing functionality from Android. Starting January 9, 2019 user apps are no longer allowed to request permission:
► to access call logs
► and to send SMS messages
I now moved these functions into an “Off Play Store” plugin.
Please see this post for more information: New Google Play Store restrictions (and workaround)
New clock bubble settings shortcut
Since long pressing the clock bubble has other functions, there was no easy way to edit the clock bubble on the watch. Previously we had to temporarily enable the “Show hidden bubbles” option, while this was enabled long pressing the clock bubble led to the Bubble Edit screen (where we can change the bubble size and other options):
Based on kind feedback by an iPhone user, where using Wear Cloud Editor on the phone as a workaround is not an option, I now added an easy shortcut at the bottom of the Clock Bubble configuration screen:
Thank you Sándor Gábor for bringing this to my attention!
New smart home control expert options
Force HTTP via phone = even if the watch has its own internet connection, the app will send the HTTP command using the companion app on the phone
Smart Home debug messages = the watch will display server response and error messages after issuing HTTP commands (only if not routed via the phone!)
Big thank you C.R. Cowan for helping to improve the Smart Home control functionality of the app!