Tiles have been out for more than a year now, but Google hasn’t yet made them available to app developers. Big thank you to Sterling Udell for doing what Google should have done by creating the UnofficialTileAPI, which Bubble Cloud uses.
Please update to v9.79
- New Bubble Cloud Tile on the watch (details below)
- Move the notification-icon bubbles also into a tile (video 2:35)
- Smart Home HTTP improvements (details below)
See more changes below
Simply add the “Favorites” tile, and it will contain your favorite bubbles.
It will show the “more” (⋯) bubble in place of the clock, pressing the more bubble takes you to the app drawer and the (⋯) bubble will change into the clock. Press the clock bubble to exit the app drawer back to the tile.
- Much easier to set up: no need to move bubbles into a tile folder, the favorites cloud has some bubbles initially
- Use any favorite layout including the custom layout that you can create using the Layout Editor on the phone (in the Wear Cloud Editor)
- This adds a second tile of bubbles since you can also keep using your folder tile
- Some live info (battery, date, step count) will not appear in the tile, only after you tap the (⋯) button
- Bubble Cloud tiles are not available when Bubble Cloud is your watch face!
- If you remove the clock bubble from the favorites cloud you will have no “more” (⋯) bubble for opening the app drawer (you can hide the clock bubble using the Wear Cloud Editor on the phone)
Smart Home control improvements
Big shoutout to Almar Örn Arnþórsson for the idea of these improvements:
- Now the app includes an option for “PUT” requests
- PUT is similar to GET except it does not return any data. Similar to GET it cannot include DATA. When “PUT” option is checked the POST/DATA fields will be hidden. When the POST/DATA fields have any data the “PUT” checkbox is not available:
Using local/private IP addresses from the watch:
It turns out when the watch is connected via Bluetooth, it has no access to local IP addresses (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x etc) since it is in a separate subnet. The only way to control devices with private IP addresses if we send the commands via the phone (watch sends command to phone app, phone app sends out the command).
On the other hand, when the watch is connected to Wifi (Bluetooth or phone is turned off) it is able to access the local IP addresses.
The new version of Bubble Cloud now detects the type of connection and sends out the HTTP commands on the correct route.
Please test and report any issues
I give this version now into the hands of beta testers. You are the first to enjoy these new features, but in return for the early access I ask you to report any problems you find:
- crashes, hangs, regression issues (especially if they are reproducible)
- operation problems (unexpected behaviour, mistakes)
- grammatical errors in text
- layout color / visibility / alignment problems (it helps if you include a screenshot)
- illogical or missing functionality
- further improvement suggestions
Thank you for your help!
See: become a beta tester
Detailed changelog for v9.78
- Crash in Widgets-only app after tapping on the yellow reminder bubble
- Improved layout for “First widget placed” dialog
- Improved table layout on Premium Upgrades screen
- Widgets-only app was missing the HTTP Command templates
- Couldn’t add duplicate clock bubble to cloud
- Crash when adjusting digital clock widget content vertical position
- We can now have notification-icon bubbles in the tile! (favorites or folder tile)
- Analog “clock” layout when shown on tile will stretch bubbles to the edges of the screen
- Crash when trying to hide theme pack icons from main app
- If auto-locked, the app drawer was automatically opened for favorites tile too
- Clock bubble did not always appear in the center in favorites tile
- Favorites tile will refresh when themes/layouts change
- Disable favorite tile in watch face mode (it’s not available)
- Update the tile when any favorite cloud related settings are changed on phone
- Matched tile-bubble text colors in the favorite cloud (Tasker, LiveInfo, Phone battery)
- Custom layout will now work in the favorite tile
- Lock bubble will work in the tile too → it opens the app drawer and locks it
- HW button press will no longer exit locked app drawer
- Show “Loading bubbles…” message at start
- Vertical app drawer will also show the favorite cloud when opened (used to remember your scroll position)
- Revised click-detection in tiles: hopefully much more reliable now!
- Further improved tap-detection in tiles (no need to wait 1 sec for update)
- Uniform color hollow bubbles in favorites tile
- App drawer was not loaded correctly after a small change in v9.78.6
- Exit app drawer using the clock bubble if it was opened from the app drawer tile also
- Tile will not flash when clicking outside of bubbles
- Hide lock and show hint if folder tile is assigned to empty folder
- Refresh folder tile when folder options are changed
- Package name for folders (used for applying icon packs to folder icons) was mistakenly corrupted when adjusting tile options on the watch
- Will not show reminder toast during intro on watch if tile has already been added
- Translations for new text
- When applying themes on the watch the favorite layout setting is only applied in watch face mode or when it’s explicitly check-marked
- Handle crash more gracefully when trying to edit a missing bubble
- New tile video