Version 9.77 – what’s new?
- Improved compatibility with most launchers (see Autofit to widget size)
- Clock bubble in widget to show time/date (see Clock bubbles)
- Set custom icon for bubble cloud folder shortcuts (see Folder shortcuts)
- Banner and rewarded ads in free version (see details below)
- Option for color complication icons on Wear OS (see below)
- Improved icon pack masking now supports shaders (which tweak colors in missing icons)
- Reduced APK size by over 3MB (20%)
- Android 4.1 (JellyBean 1) no longer supported 🙁
- Improved visibility of action buttons in dark mode (the “blue” links)
- Widget can now be shrunk to 1×1 space (can hold 1 bubble)
- Short pressing the trash in the Bubble Edit screen also lets you uninstall
- Widgets+Folders screen shows number of folder and clock bubbles
- Bubble sizes will now automatically be locked (and “move to center” is also disabled) if you adjust any bubble weight manually and after using the swap tool – this protects your changes from automatic updates. Note: no locking if you use the swap tool to move bubbles from one widget to another
- App will now warn if no default launcher is set and widget autofit calibration cannot be associated with the launcher
- Widgets were not automatically updated after globally hiding/unhiding the pencil
- When main app not started via launcher icon the Wear OS menu item would appear even if Wear OS was not present
- Could not hide Theme Packs since they were never opened. Now app will prompt you to open them…
Color watch face complication icons
New expert option on watch: do not recolor watch face complication icons (only affects classic bubble cloud layout, standard Wear OS layout complications will stay recolored)
Normally complication icons are supposed to be single-color to be tinted to match the style of each watch face. AutoWear for Tasker however allows you to create color icons, and with this setting these will appear full color on the Bubble Cloud watch face. [Tip / request from Andy Wiener, thank you!]
Ads in free version
95% of the users never upgrade to Premium. I felt this is more fair if the free users also contributed to the support of my work. We’ll see how it goes.
- No ads for Premium and Pro users
- No ads for anybody who installed the app earlier (except if they re-install)
- No ads if app used in landscape orientation
- Banner ads show at the bottom of the settings screens only
Rewarded ads to hide reminder bubbles
Users of the free app complained about the look of the yellow “upgrade reminder” bubble. Now you can remove it without paying!
- Watch a rewarded ad to hide the bubble for a week
- Or upgrade to Premium with a one-time payment and no need to watch weekly ads
My apps have always been about options!