Swipe gestures work differently in the Bubble Cloud watch face
There is a limitation for swipe gesture detection in Wear OS:
- normally the OS handles it
- if found a way to capture swipe gestures, but then my app needs to handle all of them
Best of both
- when the active (full color) watch face is visible my app handles the swipes:
- after switching to the “inactive” mode (looks same as the ambient watch face) the regular Wear OS swipe gestures work
- tapping the clock bubble
- or tapping the middle of the watch face if you have full screen clock layout with bubbles
- or swiping in a direction that currently doesn’t have a function (i.e. down after you already hid the peek card)
For a more detailed explanation of the 3 modes (active, inactive and ambient) see this post:
- unified visual style between watch face and app drawer (more examples here and here)
- ability to put watch face complications in the app drawer and folders
- ease of moving bubbles between app drawer and watch face whenever you need them
(you can even make it automatic using Tasker)
- dynamically changing notification bubbles
- peek card notifications
I love your app! I’m just really struggling to get it set up properly. I want to have all of my favorite apps on the face and to be able to swipe right to access the rest of my apps, swipe left for Google Assistant, swipe up for notifications, etc…
I’m just struggling to get it to be as seamless as I know it can be. I watched a few videos and it’s still difficult to maneuver around the clock.
Am I able to set up all of those settings for my watch, on my phone?
Thank you so much for your help!