- Fix for tile disappearance after reboot
- Fixed issue regarding bubbles growing into different folder
- Fixed hotspot toggle on Android Oreo and newer (please see details below)
- Added dedicated Wifi Hotspot toggle bubble
Wifi hotspot toggle
- There was never an “official way” for user apps to toggle Wifi hotspot on Android, but we were able to do it via a workaround involving reflection
- Google removed reflection in Android Oreo
- Jon Robinson found another workaround and published it in a free app called Oreo Wifi Hotspot.
- I modified Bubble Cloud to call this little app on the phone when the wifi bubble is used on the watch
- In Android Pie Google introduced the background service ban, which prevents Oreo Wifi Hotspot from calling its own service, unless its app was used recently (within a few seconds)
- Now I modified Bubble Cloud to open the Oreo Wifi Hotspot. app (it will appear on the screen of your phone), then wake the phone (otherwise the app will not show), and then carry out the hotspot switch.
- In Android 10 Google introduced a ban on services calling activities, which might prevent this workaround, but on Android Pie devices this works now
If you are still having problems, Bubble Cloud user Elias Cabrera recommended a solution using the Tasker plugin. Thank you Elias!